2. We Are Committed to Protecting Your Privacy
We collect the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing you with a satisfactory service and/or a pleasurable website viewing experience.
This Policy indicates the type of data collection processes we use to collect data about you.
If you use our website you give us the right to collect such information and you hereby assent to its use thereof.
3. Information Collected
We may collect any or all the information that you provide to us, depending on the type of transaction you enter into, including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, tax information and identification codes, proof of identification and email address, together with data about the services provided or use of the website. Where we process your payroll, we will also hold similar information about your staff.
Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as required.
4. Information Use
We primarily use the information collected to process the services you have requested from us whether those services are requested by phone, email, via our website or in person.
However, in addition, we may also use the information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil our obligations under relevant laws in force from time to time (e.g. the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (“MLR 2017”)).
- To comply with professional obligations to which we are subject as a member of The Association of Accounting Technicians.
- To use in the investigation and/or defence of potential complaints, disciplinary proceedings and legal proceedings.
- To enable us to invoice you for our services and investigate/address any attendant fee disputes that may have arisen.
- To contact you about other services we provide which may be of interest to you if you have consented to us doing so.
Our intended processing of personal data has the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject (e.g. MLR 2017).
Data collected will be held in accordance with applicable data protection legislation governing data collection, dissemination and use. All reasonable precautions have been taken to prevent unauthorized access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
On visiting our website your Internet browser has the automatic feature of storing small files – “cookies” – that hold information that allows a website to recognise your account. Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your website viewing experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired or eliminated altogether.
6. Disclosing Information
We do not, and will not, disclose any personal information obtained about you to third parties except when we need to do so in order to complete the transaction or comply with our legal obligations or contract with you – such as when passing information to HMRC or pension providers.
We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of developments associated with our business. You will have the opportunity to remove yourself from any such mailing list or similar device.
If, at any time in the future, we should wish to disclose information collected to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
We may, from time to time, provide information of a general nature to third parties – for example, the number of individuals visiting our website or using our services, but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
7. Changes to this Policy
8. Contacting Us